LCD is very popular for its characters of thin frame (save space), energy saving (no high temperature), low radiation, soft picture (no damage to eye), etc. There are factors affecting the service life of LCD.
- The CCFL (Cold Cathode Fluorescent Lamp) of backlight easily gets aging, air leaking, broken, etc.
- The driving circuit of LCD is easy to appear poor electrical performance because of components such as IC, capacitor.
- Due to static electricity and foreign matter, the display is easy to appear defects such as light dark spot, line.
- Tube gets aging. It’s distinguished by luminance and color. The luminance will get lower and white will get light yellow when aging. Usually it’s not easy to distinguish, if LCD gets aging. If it’s serious, there will be light dark spot or line.
- LCD gets aging because there are semiconducting components.
- Don’t repair the display, though it’s separated from backlight as it must be assembled or disassembled in surroundings of dust-free and anti-static electricity.
Based on the above-mentioned factors, LCD is usually guaranteed for 5000~8000 hours.